The former couple split last year, but reports have since surfaced that a reconciliation could be on the cards.
Ashton - who allegedly cheated on Demi on their six-year wedding anniversary - has apparently booked a lodge in the Big Bear Mountains for later this month.
The pair will spend two nights alone at the secluded location to talk things through, after they sought advice from Kabbalah instructor Yehuda Berg.
"Yehuda's drawn up a list of 'rules' to help them," a source told British magazine Closer. "They'll have separate bedrooms and will use the time to meditate, go on walks and see if they can reconnect. He's suggested they write down the reasons why they first fell in love then, when they return to LA, they'll have to spend two weeks apart and see whether their feelings remain the same."
- No nude scenes for Game of Thrones star
- Video: Bling rings stolen from Cannes
- Million Rand Money Drop: Family affair
- Video: Supermodel-loving actors
- Smiles for newly-single Pattinson
- Lindsay Lohan ‘struggling in rehab’