Deena says he experienced a feeling of disbelief when he was announced as South Africa’s first MasterChef. Speaking to DStv.com, he told us how he entered the competition to win, but still experienced “total disbelief” when he realized he’d achieved his dream.
Deena described the competition as a series of “highs and lows” and admitted being surprised that certain contestants didn’t make it to the top 5. He also shared his vision for the MondoVino restaurant, spoke about the beginning of his food journey and hinted at a recipe book to be released sometime in 2013:
- Don’t miss out on Exclusive Series Screenings
- Unrest and good deeds on Carte Blanche
- Lena Dunham makes ‘rash’ decisions
- Lucy Liu loves ‘old-school’ cookies
- MasterChef SA Ep 2: Feel the heat!
- MasterChef South Africa gets temperatures soaring